Football, Sports

Search advisory committee formed for next Miami Hurricanes head coach

Director of Athletics Blake James announced Monday afternoon the formation of a search advisory committee for the new head coach of the Hurricanes. The school also hired research firm Korn Ferry to assist the university in the coaching hire.

“We are well underway in our search process and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U,” James said in a statement. “Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision.  We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our university.”

Former Hurricanes Jonathan Vilma and Vinny Testaverde are on the search committee as well as several members of the Board of Trustees and Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley.

Below is the full press release.

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced today the retention of a search firm and the formation of a search advisory committee as the University seeks a new head football coach.

Korn Ferry, one of the world’s most respected search firms with vast experience in coaching searches, has been retained and will assist the University in all aspects of the search process.

The search advisory committee will provide James with input on the process and on candidates.  Members of the advisory committee include Board of Trustees members Hilarie Bass, David Epstein and Steve Saiontz; Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley and former UM standouts Jonathan Vilma and Heisman Trophy winner Vinny Testaverde.

“We are well underway in our search process,” said James, “and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U.  Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision.  We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our University.”

Mark Singer

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...