Football, Sports

Search advisory committee formed for next Miami Hurricanes head coach

Director of Athletics Blake James announced Monday afternoon the formation of a search advisory committee for the new head coach of the Hurricanes. The school also hired research firm Korn Ferry to assist the university in the coaching hire.

“We are well underway in our search process and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U,” James said in a statement. “Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision.  We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our university.”

Former Hurricanes Jonathan Vilma and Vinny Testaverde are on the search committee as well as several members of the Board of Trustees and Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley.

Below is the full press release.

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced today the retention of a search firm and the formation of a search advisory committee as the University seeks a new head football coach.

Korn Ferry, one of the world’s most respected search firms with vast experience in coaching searches, has been retained and will assist the University in all aspects of the search process.

The search advisory committee will provide James with input on the process and on candidates.  Members of the advisory committee include Board of Trustees members Hilarie Bass, David Epstein and Steve Saiontz; Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley and former UM standouts Jonathan Vilma and Heisman Trophy winner Vinny Testaverde.

“We are well underway in our search process,” said James, “and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U.  Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision.  We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our University.”

Mark Singer

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...