Football, Sports

Search advisory committee formed for next Miami Hurricanes head coach

Director of Athletics Blake James announced Monday afternoon the formation of a search advisory committee for the new head coach of the Hurricanes. The school also hired research firm Korn Ferry to assist the university in the coaching hire.

“We are well underway in our search process and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U,” James said in a statement. “Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision.  We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our university.”

Former Hurricanes Jonathan Vilma and Vinny Testaverde are on the search committee as well as several members of the Board of Trustees and Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley.

Below is the full press release.

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced today the retention of a search firm and the formation of a search advisory committee as the University seeks a new head football coach.

Korn Ferry, one of the world’s most respected search firms with vast experience in coaching searches, has been retained and will assist the University in all aspects of the search process.

The search advisory committee will provide James with input on the process and on candidates.  Members of the advisory committee include Board of Trustees members Hilarie Bass, David Epstein and Steve Saiontz; Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley and former UM standouts Jonathan Vilma and Heisman Trophy winner Vinny Testaverde.

“We are well underway in our search process,” said James, “and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U.  Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision.  We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our University.”

Mark Singer

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team fought valiantly at the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center, but ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...