Football, Sports

Search advisory committee formed for next Miami Hurricanes head coach

Director of Athletics Blake James announced Monday afternoon the formation of a search advisory committee for the new head coach of the Hurricanes. The school also hired research firm Korn Ferry to assist the university in the coaching hire.

“We are well underway in our search process and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U,” James said in a statement. “Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision.  We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our university.”

Former Hurricanes Jonathan Vilma and Vinny Testaverde are on the search committee as well as several members of the Board of Trustees and Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley.

Below is the full press release.

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced today the retention of a search firm and the formation of a search advisory committee as the University seeks a new head football coach.

Korn Ferry, one of the world’s most respected search firms with vast experience in coaching searches, has been retained and will assist the University in all aspects of the search process.

The search advisory committee will provide James with input on the process and on candidates.  Members of the advisory committee include Board of Trustees members Hilarie Bass, David Epstein and Steve Saiontz; Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley and former UM standouts Jonathan Vilma and Heisman Trophy winner Vinny Testaverde.

“We are well underway in our search process,” said James, “and, as expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in The U.  Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision.  We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our University.”

Mark Singer

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami diving team finished its trip to the Texas Diving Invite on a high note Satu ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...