Basketball, Sports

Kamari Murphy suspended for three games

Redshirt junior forward Kamari Murphy was suspended for the first three games of the season for a violation of team rules, the school announced Friday.

Murphy will return to the court for the Hurricanes’ second-round game of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off on Friday, Nov. 20. Murphy will miss the team’s games against UT Rio Grande Valley, Louisiana and Mississippi State.

The Brooklyn native sat out last season after transferring to Miami from Oklahoma State due to NCAA transfer rules. Murphy received rave reviews from numerous players on the team during the preseason. Noted for his defense, Murphy led the Cowboys in his sophomore year in total rebounds (199) as well as blocks (40).

The Canes face UT Rio Grande Valley in the season opener at 7 p.m. Friday in the BankUnited Center.

Mark Singer

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

University of Miami safety Sheldrick Redwine got to wear the gaudy (but beautiful to Canes and their ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

Junior golfer Dewi Weber highlighted second round action for the University of Miami women's go ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its opening weekend of competition at the All-Florida ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...