Basketball, Sports

Kamari Murphy suspended for three games

Redshirt junior forward Kamari Murphy was suspended for the first three games of the season for a violation of team rules, the school announced Friday.

Murphy will return to the court for the Hurricanes’ second-round game of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off on Friday, Nov. 20. Murphy will miss the team’s games against UT Rio Grande Valley, Louisiana and Mississippi State.

The Brooklyn native sat out last season after transferring to Miami from Oklahoma State due to NCAA transfer rules. Murphy received rave reviews from numerous players on the team during the preseason. Noted for his defense, Murphy led the Cowboys in his sophomore year in total rebounds (199) as well as blocks (40).

The Canes face UT Rio Grande Valley in the season opener at 7 p.m. Friday in the BankUnited Center.

Mark Singer

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...