Basketball, Sports

Kamari Murphy suspended for three games

Redshirt junior forward Kamari Murphy was suspended for the first three games of the season for a violation of team rules, the school announced Friday.

Murphy will return to the court for the Hurricanes’ second-round game of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off on Friday, Nov. 20. Murphy will miss the team’s games against UT Rio Grande Valley, Louisiana and Mississippi State.

The Brooklyn native sat out last season after transferring to Miami from Oklahoma State due to NCAA transfer rules. Murphy received rave reviews from numerous players on the team during the preseason. Noted for his defense, Murphy led the Cowboys in his sophomore year in total rebounds (199) as well as blocks (40).

The Canes face UT Rio Grande Valley in the season opener at 7 p.m. Friday in the BankUnited Center.

About Author

Mark Singer

Last year the rain fell in torrents. Wednesday was all scorching sunshine. Fifteen former Miami Hurr ...

See phtos from the University of Miami's annual Pro Day, where outgoing UM players perform for ...

Quarterback Brad Kaaya ambled out of the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence close to 3 p.m. Wed ...

A woman has accused NFL Hall of Famer and former University of Miami star wide receiver Michael Irvi ...

Today is special for 15 former Hurricanes football players from the University of Miami. It’s Pro Da ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

At The Net with Piotr Lomacki ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will face Princeton on Dec. 2 in the Naismith Mem ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete at two of the top outdoor meets in the Uni ...

What's Pro Day like at The U? We followed along from start to finish to find out. ...

Greg Veliz delivered a sparkling performance on the hill, but Miami fell to No. 12 FGCU 3-0. ...