Basketball, Sports

Kamari Murphy suspended for three games

Redshirt junior forward Kamari Murphy was suspended for the first three games of the season for a violation of team rules, the school announced Friday.

Murphy will return to the court for the Hurricanes’ second-round game of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off on Friday, Nov. 20. Murphy will miss the team’s games against UT Rio Grande Valley, Louisiana and Mississippi State.

The Brooklyn native sat out last season after transferring to Miami from Oklahoma State due to NCAA transfer rules. Murphy received rave reviews from numerous players on the team during the preseason. Noted for his defense, Murphy led the Cowboys in his sophomore year in total rebounds (199) as well as blocks (40).

The Canes face UT Rio Grande Valley in the season opener at 7 p.m. Friday in the BankUnited Center.

Mark Singer

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in its first road game of the seaso ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...