News Briefs 11/9: Funeral for Kevin Sigurani, Bryan’s Cafe Debate, Veteran’s Day Tribute

Funeral for Kevin Sigurani

Funeral services will be held for Kevin Sigurani on Monday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Augustine’s Church on Miller Road. Sigurani, a third year law student at the University of Miami, died on Monday morning after being hit by a truck the night before.

Bryan’s Cafe Debate

A debate on gender identity will take place on Monday at 7 p.m. in the Donna E. Shalala Student Center Activities Room South as part of the Bryan’s Cafe event series. The public is allowed to attend and participate in the discussion.

Veteran’s Day Tribute

The Chief of Staff for the United States Southern Command, U.S. Air Force Major General Michael T. Plehn, will lead a Veteran’s Day tribute to United States military veterans on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at The Rock.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user emprb0.

William Riggin

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...

Due to anticipated inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and ...

Shakima Wimbley and Aiyanna Stiverne punched their tickets to the 2017 NCAA Men's and Women ...

Photos from the Canes 5-2 win over Wake Forest. ...