News Briefs 11/9: Funeral for Kevin Sigurani, Bryan’s Cafe Debate, Veteran’s Day Tribute

Funeral for Kevin Sigurani

Funeral services will be held for Kevin Sigurani on Monday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Augustine’s Church on Miller Road. Sigurani, a third year law student at the University of Miami, died on Monday morning after being hit by a truck the night before.

Bryan’s Cafe Debate

A debate on gender identity will take place on Monday at 7 p.m. in the Donna E. Shalala Student Center Activities Room South as part of the Bryan’s Cafe event series. The public is allowed to attend and participate in the discussion.

Veteran’s Day Tribute

The Chief of Staff for the United States Southern Command, U.S. Air Force Major General Michael T. Plehn, will lead a Veteran’s Day tribute to United States military veterans on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at The Rock.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user emprb0.

William Riggin

Football season is nearly upon us. The University of Miami’s 2017 fall camp opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday ...

In an age in which committing once to a college football program isn’t always enough for fans and co ...

A six-pack of Canes notes: • It’s just different at UM – the camaraderie, the brotherhood, the desir ...

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt’s spin through the ESPN Car Wash on Tuesday began with ...

University of Miami legendary receiver Michael Irvin is no doubt relieved, as likely is UM football ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...