News Briefs 11/9: Funeral for Kevin Sigurani, Bryan’s Cafe Debate, Veteran’s Day Tribute

Funeral for Kevin Sigurani

Funeral services will be held for Kevin Sigurani on Monday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Augustine’s Church on Miller Road. Sigurani, a third year law student at the University of Miami, died on Monday morning after being hit by a truck the night before.

Bryan’s Cafe Debate

A debate on gender identity will take place on Monday at 7 p.m. in the Donna E. Shalala Student Center Activities Room South as part of the Bryan’s Cafe event series. The public is allowed to attend and participate in the discussion.

Veteran’s Day Tribute

The Chief of Staff for the United States Southern Command, U.S. Air Force Major General Michael T. Plehn, will lead a Veteran’s Day tribute to United States military veterans on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at The Rock.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user emprb0.

William Riggin

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...