News Briefs 11/9: Funeral for Kevin Sigurani, Bryan’s Cafe Debate, Veteran’s Day Tribute

Funeral for Kevin Sigurani

Funeral services will be held for Kevin Sigurani on Monday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Augustine’s Church on Miller Road. Sigurani, a third year law student at the University of Miami, died on Monday morning after being hit by a truck the night before.

Bryan’s Cafe Debate

A debate on gender identity will take place on Monday at 7 p.m. in the Donna E. Shalala Student Center Activities Room South as part of the Bryan’s Cafe event series. The public is allowed to attend and participate in the discussion.

Veteran’s Day Tribute

The Chief of Staff for the United States Southern Command, U.S. Air Force Major General Michael T. Plehn, will lead a Veteran’s Day tribute to United States military veterans on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at The Rock.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user emprb0.

About Author

William Riggin

Last year the rain fell in torrents. Wednesday was all scorching sunshine. Fifteen former Miami Hurr ...

See phtos from the University of Miami's annual Pro Day, where outgoing UM players perform for ...

Quarterback Brad Kaaya ambled out of the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence close to 3 p.m. Wed ...

A woman has accused NFL Hall of Famer and former University of Miami star wide receiver Michael Irvi ...

Today is special for 15 former Hurricanes football players from the University of Miami. It’s Pro Da ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

At The Net with Piotr Lomacki ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will face Princeton on Dec. 2 in the Naismith Mem ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete at two of the top outdoor meets in the Uni ...

What's Pro Day like at The U? We followed along from start to finish to find out. ...

Greg Veliz delivered a sparkling performance on the hill, but Miami fell to No. 12 FGCU 3-0. ...