Wicked haunts to hop on Halloween

“Double, double, toil and trouble; fire burn and caldron bubble.” This Halloween will surely be a juggle.

In Miami, where temperatures still sizzle around the 70s and 80s, October comes in full swing, offering a pleasant atmosphere where Halloween celebrations hit their peak.

If you’re looking for something different to do in the city this Halloween that’s not all about trick-or-treating yourself into clubs, here are some alternative celebrations.

HalloWYN: Wynwood’s Halloween Block Party

With a jumbo-screen LED TV broadcasting Halloween classics, costume contests, a variety of clubs, pubs, bars and a performance of “Rocky Horror Picture Show,” Wynwood is the place to be this Halloween. Starting at 7 p.m., the event is free and open to all ages. Activities run till the wee hours of the morning. Feel free to people-watch, as the night is long and the streets are yours. But make sure to head to the Mana Production Lots – the food truck lots – for some delicious treats.

HalloWYN will take place at 318 N.W. 23rd St. in Wynwood.

House of Horror Amusement Park

In the mood for haunted houses and scare zones, but don’t want to drive all the way to Orlando? House of Horror is there to scare. Located at Miami International Mall, House of Horror is a two-acre, 30-room haunted house and amusement park with carnival rides, games, circus attractions, Hulk Hogan’s Micro Championship Wrestling, food and live performances. Coming in your costume is encouraged, but masks are not allowed. The event runs until Nov. 1. The cost is $30 for adults and $15 for children six years and younger.

Miami International Mall is located at 1455 N.W. 107th Ave. in Doral.

Titanic Masquerade: A Monstrous Party Cruise

Out with the clubs and in with the yachts! If you crave a change of scenery, step aboard the SeaFair Miami to experience the ultimate Halloween masquerade dance party. The ship will be transformed into the tragic Titanic, complete with ghosts and ghouls that have risen from their watery graves. The event will feature an eerie setting with DJs, appetizers and more. Costumes and masks are highly encouraged. The ship sets sail at 8:30 p.m. on Oct. 30 and lasts three hours. Tickets are $59 if purchased in advance or $95 at the door.

SeaFair Miami is located at 100 Chopin Plaza, South Dock in Miami.

Amy Winehouse: Back From the Dead – Halloween Jam

If you’re a sucker for music and Halloween spirit, head to Lagniappe House, where you will rejoice in a night of musical necromancy with a tribute to the late and great Amy Winehouse featuring Taylor Powell and her band. The celebration also includes a special backyard costume party with live music on the patio, $5 pumpkin beer, Octoberfest draughts and other surprises. The event begins at 9 p.m. on Oct. 31.

Lagniappe House is located at 3425 N.E. Second Ave. in Miami.

Trick-or-Treat Spooktacular at Dylan’s Candy Bar

What better than to knock on Dylan’s Candy Bar’s door on Halloween night? With trick-or-treat stations, candy crafting, a who-wore-it-best costume contest and super sweet goodie bags, you won’t want to miss this candy-coated road. The cost for the event is $35 per person and the fun begins at 10 p.m.

Dylan’s Candy Bar is located at 801 Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.

Featured image courtesy HalloWYN