Edge, Food

Make frighteningly festive treats for Halloween

‘Tis the season for costumes, cobwebs and candy! You don’t need to go trick-or-treating this Halloween to enjoy some frighteningly festive food. These easy recipes will get you into the spooky spirit, no ghosts required.

For a twist on a fall classic, melt various candy bars of your choice in a saucepan, then dip apples into the pot. Insert a skewer into the top of the apples and allow the chocolate coating to harden in the refrigerator. Once cool, enjoy your customized candy apple treat!

For those who find high calorie counts to be ghoulish, make cute and healthy mini pumpkins by inserting a slim strip of celery into an unpeeled clementine.

Overwhelmed by M&M’s and Skittles? Savor a sweet and salty snack by making Halloween trail mix popcorn balls! Microwave marshmallows until they are melted and gooey, then stir in popcorn, M&M’s and Skittles. When they’re well-combined, shape the mixture into balls and allow to cool.

Can’t decide between cake, cookies or candy? Why choose? Mix chopped candy bars into the refrigerated cookie dough of your choice, then press into a store-bought pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and reap the rewards of your indecision.

Featured image courtesy Pixabay user jp26jp

Madelyn Paquette

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...