Edge, Food

Make frighteningly festive treats for Halloween

‘Tis the season for costumes, cobwebs and candy! You don’t need to go trick-or-treating this Halloween to enjoy some frighteningly festive food. These easy recipes will get you into the spooky spirit, no ghosts required.

For a twist on a fall classic, melt various candy bars of your choice in a saucepan, then dip apples into the pot. Insert a skewer into the top of the apples and allow the chocolate coating to harden in the refrigerator. Once cool, enjoy your customized candy apple treat!

For those who find high calorie counts to be ghoulish, make cute and healthy mini pumpkins by inserting a slim strip of celery into an unpeeled clementine.

Overwhelmed by M&M’s and Skittles? Savor a sweet and salty snack by making Halloween trail mix popcorn balls! Microwave marshmallows until they are melted and gooey, then stir in popcorn, M&M’s and Skittles. When they’re well-combined, shape the mixture into balls and allow to cool.

Can’t decide between cake, cookies or candy? Why choose? Mix chopped candy bars into the refrigerated cookie dough of your choice, then press into a store-bought pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and reap the rewards of your indecision.

Featured image courtesy Pixabay user jp26jp

Madelyn Paquette

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...