Football, Sports

Defensive tackle Michael Wyche arrested

FPBHQHXZJFDFVZK.20150608203636

Wyche

Hurricanes senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche was arrested early Wednesday morning on misdemeanor domestic battery charges. If convicted, Wyche’s charges carry a maximum of one year in jail, according to the Florida Legislature.

He was taken in by police at 4:50 a.m. and kept at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center until Wednesday afternoon before being released on a $1,500 bond, according to Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post.

“The University of Miami Department of Athletics is aware of the situation involving senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche. He has been suspended indefinitely and the department has no further comment at this time,” the university said in a statement.

The details from the arrest remain uncertain. Wyche will have his hearing Nov. 18, according to Matt Porter.

Wyche has appeared in only four games this season and has failed to record a statistic in any of the four outings.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 345 pounds, Wyche has generally been considered a disappointment in his time with the Hurricanes. Before coming to the Canes, Wyche played two seasons at East Los Angeles College, a junior college. He came to Miami as a three-star recruit and was expected to be a productive contributor to the defensive line rotation, but instead has recorded a mere nine tackles in his two seasons with the Canes.

Featured Image Courtesy hurricanesports.com 

Tej Joshi

One by one, they stepped up to the scale. First-round picks and long-shot prospects alike. Here, the ...

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

Miami Northwestern senior Nigel Bethel, a 5-11, 160-pounder who chose the Hurricanes over Central Fl ...

The University of Louisville coaching staff must have been puzzled watching tape of the Miami Hurric ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Miami men's basketball team returns home at 8 p.m. Wednesday to battle Louisville at the so ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team has earned the first ACC Player of the ...

The Miami women's basketball team will take on fourth-ranked Louisville Thursday at 11 a.m., on ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...