Football, Sports

Defensive tackle Michael Wyche arrested

FPBHQHXZJFDFVZK.20150608203636

Wyche

Hurricanes senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche was arrested early Wednesday morning on misdemeanor domestic battery charges. If convicted, Wyche’s charges carry a maximum of one year in jail, according to the Florida Legislature.

He was taken in by police at 4:50 a.m. and kept at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center until Wednesday afternoon before being released on a $1,500 bond, according to Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post.

“The University of Miami Department of Athletics is aware of the situation involving senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche. He has been suspended indefinitely and the department has no further comment at this time,” the university said in a statement.

The details from the arrest remain uncertain. Wyche will have his hearing Nov. 18, according to Matt Porter.

Wyche has appeared in only four games this season and has failed to record a statistic in any of the four outings.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 345 pounds, Wyche has generally been considered a disappointment in his time with the Hurricanes. Before coming to the Canes, Wyche played two seasons at East Los Angeles College, a junior college. He came to Miami as a three-star recruit and was expected to be a productive contributor to the defensive line rotation, but instead has recorded a mere nine tackles in his two seasons with the Canes.

Featured Image Courtesy hurricanesports.com 

Tej Joshi

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...