UBuzz

Twitter reacts to Al Golden’s firing

University of Miami football coach Al Golden was fired Sunday afternoon, according to a press release from the school’s athletic department. Twitter was abuzz with reaction the long-awaited dismissal and speculaiton as to who the next coach could be.

Shane Larkin, the school’s point guard when it won the ACC Basketball Championship in 2013 and current NBA player with the Brooklyn Nets, emphasized the improtance of getting the school’s next hire right.

NBC 6 reporter Ari Odzer pointed out the potential impact of no more anti-Golden banners.  

Chuck Todd, the host of Meet the Press, a Miami native and Hurricanes fan, praised Golden’s character.

The school’s head women’s basketball coach, Katie Meier, shared her support for Golden.

UM alum and the director of ESPN’s two 30 for 30 films on the school’s football glory days titled The U and The U: Part 2, Billy Corben suggested hiring former coach Butch Davis.

South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Omar Kelly tweeted his excitement about the decision.

Current players also tweeted about the decision. Cornerback Artie Burns and defensive linemen Kendrick Norton, Ufomba Kamalu and Demetrius Jackson praised Golden.

Luther R. Campbell, or “Uncle Luke,” the leader of the Miami-based rap group 2 Live Crew, asked the school to allow alumni a say in the appointment of the next coach.

William Riggin

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...