UBuzz

Twitter reacts to Al Golden’s firing

University of Miami football coach Al Golden was fired Sunday afternoon, according to a press release from the school’s athletic department. Twitter was abuzz with reaction the long-awaited dismissal and speculaiton as to who the next coach could be.

Shane Larkin, the school’s point guard when it won the ACC Basketball Championship in 2013 and current NBA player with the Brooklyn Nets, emphasized the improtance of getting the school’s next hire right.

NBC 6 reporter Ari Odzer pointed out the potential impact of no more anti-Golden banners.  

Chuck Todd, the host of Meet the Press, a Miami native and Hurricanes fan, praised Golden’s character.

The school’s head women’s basketball coach, Katie Meier, shared her support for Golden.

UM alum and the director of ESPN’s two 30 for 30 films on the school’s football glory days titled The U and The U: Part 2, Billy Corben suggested hiring former coach Butch Davis.

South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Omar Kelly tweeted his excitement about the decision.

Current players also tweeted about the decision. Cornerback Artie Burns and defensive linemen Kendrick Norton, Ufomba Kamalu and Demetrius Jackson praised Golden.

Luther R. Campbell, or “Uncle Luke,” the leader of the Miami-based rap group 2 Live Crew, asked the school to allow alumni a say in the appointment of the next coach.

William Riggin

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...