UBuzz

Recruits, former Hurricane players react to Al Golden’s firing

Director of Athletics Blake James announced Sunday evening he has relieved Head Football Coach Al Golden of his duties effective immediately.

Recruits took to Twitter to post their reactions. Below, you’ll find a sample of the tweets.

Ahman Ross
Position: Safety
Jacksonville, FL (The Bolles School)
3 stars, 0.8567 rating

Tyler Byrd
Position: Wide Receiver, Cornerback
Naples, FL (Naples)
4 stars, 0.8965 rating

Cedrick Wright
Position: Safety
Miami, FL (Gulliver Prep)
3 stars, 0.8616 rating

Michael Irvin Jr.
Position: Tight End
Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas Aquinas)
3 stars, 0.8600 rating

Tyler Dunning
Position: Inside Linebacker
4 stars, 0.9109 rating

Ahmmon Richards
Position: Wide Receiver
West Palm Beach, FL (Wellington)
4 stars, 0.9180 rating

Former Canes also voiced their reactions to Golden’s ejection.

Sherman Hewitt

William Riggin

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...