News, Uncategorized

News Briefs 10/26: USpeak, Voter Registration, First Aid Certification, PBS President to Speak

USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry Performance Series

Becka Mara McKay will perform at the next USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry Performance Series on Monday at Books & Books in Coral Gables at 7 p.m. McKay directs the Master of Fine Arts Program in Creative Writing at Florida Atlantic University and has written a poetry book as well as several translations of Hebrew literature. Books & Books is located at 265 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Voter Registration 

The university is hosting a voter registration drive at the Lakeside Patio Stage on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Anyone looking to register must bring valid state-issued photo identification.

First Aid Certification

For $35, students can sign up to take the Red Cross First Aid certification course at the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.

PBS President to speak

Paula Kerger, president and CEO of PBS, will be giving a talk about public media at 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 2 in Shoma Hall (room 3053) as part of the School of Communication’s Annual Conversation Series. Professor Paul Driscoll will moderate a Q&A session between Kerger and students.

William Riggin

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...