News, Uncategorized

News Briefs 10/26: USpeak, Voter Registration, First Aid Certification, PBS President to Speak

USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry Performance Series

Becka Mara McKay will perform at the next USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry Performance Series on Monday at Books & Books in Coral Gables at 7 p.m. McKay directs the Master of Fine Arts Program in Creative Writing at Florida Atlantic University and has written a poetry book as well as several translations of Hebrew literature. Books & Books is located at 265 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Voter Registration 

The university is hosting a voter registration drive at the Lakeside Patio Stage on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Anyone looking to register must bring valid state-issued photo identification.

First Aid Certification

For $35, students can sign up to take the Red Cross First Aid certification course at the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.

PBS President to speak

Paula Kerger, president and CEO of PBS, will be giving a talk about public media at 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 2 in Shoma Hall (room 3053) as part of the School of Communication’s Annual Conversation Series. Professor Paul Driscoll will moderate a Q&A session between Kerger and students.

William Riggin

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...