News, Uncategorized

News Briefs 10/26: USpeak, Voter Registration, First Aid Certification, PBS President to Speak

USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry Performance Series

Becka Mara McKay will perform at the next USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry Performance Series on Monday at Books & Books in Coral Gables at 7 p.m. McKay directs the Master of Fine Arts Program in Creative Writing at Florida Atlantic University and has written a poetry book as well as several translations of Hebrew literature. Books & Books is located at 265 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Voter Registration 

The university is hosting a voter registration drive at the Lakeside Patio Stage on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Anyone looking to register must bring valid state-issued photo identification.

First Aid Certification

For $35, students can sign up to take the Red Cross First Aid certification course at the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.

PBS President to speak

Paula Kerger, president and CEO of PBS, will be giving a talk about public media at 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 2 in Shoma Hall (room 3053) as part of the School of Communication’s Annual Conversation Series. Professor Paul Driscoll will moderate a Q&A session between Kerger and students.

William Riggin

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...