Campus Life, News

Student organizations rumble on Foote Green

The Foote Green in front of Richter Library was filled with active bodies Wednesday as a number of student organizations participated in the annual “Rumble on the Green.”

The field day event took place at the heart of student org week, a week packed with events for on-campus organizations to celebrate being student groups.

Many students fell short of breath as they took part in games like tug of war and flag football, among others.

“It brings us back to our elementary years,” said Marian Li, the chairman of the Committee on Student Organizations, the committee responsible for coordinating the Rumble on the Green field day. “There’s four orgs here today but everyone’s super pumped.”

Monday night the student organizations attended a kickoff party to advertise the events of the week. Thursday night The Rat will be hosting a “Battle of the Orgs” karaoke night, and Friday night there will be a student organization mixer where members of various student organizations’ executive boards can meet and get to know other student leaders.

“We’re having a lot of fun with it,” said Alyssa Rosenfeld, a student member of Hurricane Productions. “It’s a great way to meet students from other clubs… I couldn’t ask for much more.”

The organization that performs the best throughout the week will win $150 for their organization’s budget, according to Li.

David Ufberg

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...