Campus Life, News

Student organizations rumble on Foote Green

The Foote Green in front of Richter Library was filled with active bodies Wednesday as a number of student organizations participated in the annual “Rumble on the Green.”

The field day event took place at the heart of student org week, a week packed with events for on-campus organizations to celebrate being student groups.

Many students fell short of breath as they took part in games like tug of war and flag football, among others.

“It brings us back to our elementary years,” said Marian Li, the chairman of the Committee on Student Organizations, the committee responsible for coordinating the Rumble on the Green field day. “There’s four orgs here today but everyone’s super pumped.”

Monday night the student organizations attended a kickoff party to advertise the events of the week. Thursday night The Rat will be hosting a “Battle of the Orgs” karaoke night, and Friday night there will be a student organization mixer where members of various student organizations’ executive boards can meet and get to know other student leaders.

“We’re having a lot of fun with it,” said Alyssa Rosenfeld, a student member of Hurricane Productions. “It’s a great way to meet students from other clubs… I couldn’t ask for much more.”

The organization that performs the best throughout the week will win $150 for their organization’s budget, according to Li.

David Ufberg

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...