News Briefs 10/5: Cobb Fountain Turns Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness, Screening Showcases Pakistani Activist Malala Yousafzai, Flick Football Tournament

Cobb Fountain Turns Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness

The Cobb Fountain will turn pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month this Monday, Oct. 5. Zeta Tau Alpha sorority will host the Think Pink event at 7:30 p.m. at the Lakeside Patio Stage. UM President Julio Frenk and First Lady Felicia Knaul will be in attendance at the lighting. Knaul is a breast cancer survivor and authored a book about her experience called “Beauty Without the Breast.”

Screening Showcases Pakistani Activist Malala Yousafzai

Cosford Cinema will present an advanced screening of the film “He Named Me Malala” at 9 p.m. on Tuesday. Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest-ever Nobel Prize laureate. The Taliban failed in their attempt to assassinate her following a rise in prominence of her advocacy. The film documents her growth in importance as a leading advocate for children’s and women’s rights.

Flick Football Tournament

Alumni Mike Cody competes in the Flick Football Tournament during the Cincinnati Watch Party Thursday at the Rathskeller. Participating students had the chance to win tickets to the upcoming football game against FSU and a hotel stay in Tallahassee. Erum Kidwai // Contributing Photographer

Alumnus Mike Cody competes in the Flick Football Tournament during the Cincinnati Watch Party Thursday at the Rathskeller. Participating students had the chance to win tickets to the upcoming football game against FSU and a hotel stay in Tallahassee. Erum Kidwai // Contributing Photographer

William Riggin