Edge, Music

Nick Jonas performs new, old tunes, covers well-known hits at Fillmore

Photo Courtesy of Randall Slavin​

Photo Courtesy of Randall Slavin​

At The Fillmore Miami Beach on Sunday night, Nick Jonas took fans through a roller coaster of emotions with a concert that combined his latest hits with fan favorites from the past.

Jonas kicked off the night with “Chains,” grabbing the audience’s attention immediately in the packed venue that still felt surprisingly intimate. Along with the expected playlist of his popular songs “Numb,” “Levels” and “Jealous,” he brought back some older crowd-pleasing hits.

Performing “Who I Am” and “Rose Garden” from his first solo album, “Nick Jonas & the Administration,” brought out many emotions in the audience members in attendance who reminisced on his past singles. Despite this, his even older song, “A Little Bit Longer” from the 2008 Jonas Brothers album, is what moved some fans to tears.

In addition to his original songs, Jonas also covered hits like Outkast’s “Roses,” The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face” and Silento’s “Watch Me” that had the audience singing along just as loudly as to his originals and dancing along to his moves.

Jonas’s next stop on tour with opening act Bebe Rexha is Sept. 29 in Maryland.

Emily Dabau

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...