Edge, Music

Nick Jonas performs new, old tunes, covers well-known hits at Fillmore

Photo Courtesy of Randall Slavin​

Photo Courtesy of Randall Slavin​

At The Fillmore Miami Beach on Sunday night, Nick Jonas took fans through a roller coaster of emotions with a concert that combined his latest hits with fan favorites from the past.

Jonas kicked off the night with “Chains,” grabbing the audience’s attention immediately in the packed venue that still felt surprisingly intimate. Along with the expected playlist of his popular songs “Numb,” “Levels” and “Jealous,” he brought back some older crowd-pleasing hits.

Performing “Who I Am” and “Rose Garden” from his first solo album, “Nick Jonas & the Administration,” brought out many emotions in the audience members in attendance who reminisced on his past singles. Despite this, his even older song, “A Little Bit Longer” from the 2008 Jonas Brothers album, is what moved some fans to tears.

In addition to his original songs, Jonas also covered hits like Outkast’s “Roses,” The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face” and Silento’s “Watch Me” that had the audience singing along just as loudly as to his originals and dancing along to his moves.

Jonas’s next stop on tour with opening act Bebe Rexha is Sept. 29 in Maryland.

Emily Dabau

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...