Edge, Food

Food trucks bring new flavors to campus

Nothing beats the midday blues like a food truck at the University of Miami. Whether for a full lunch, or just a pick-me-up snack, food trucks always feel like a special treat or an occasion. Here’s a guide to some of the food trucks you can find around campus:

Jefe’s

Jefe’s is known for one thing, and that’s their wonderful fish tacos. Reasonably priced and bursting with fresh flavors, they make an excellent lunch or snack. There are also Mexican cuisine options on the menu, as well as juicy burgers and fries. Jefe’s is located near the Cox Science building on Wednesdays.

Uragano

Unique to our campus, the Uragano pizza truck provides tasty pizza at assorted campus locations. It features 11 varieties of pizza, from traditional to elaborate options. They are perfect for splitting or simply for a midday pizza break. Uragano can be found at the Rock.

Cold Stone Creamery

Everyone’s favorite hot summer afternoon treat comes right to campus a few times a week. Parked by the Rock, it offers ice cream mixed with your choice of toppings, as well as milkshakes. It’s there when you need to beat the heat on a sunny day, as a mid-week reward, or for Friday afternoon celebration.

HipPops

When in the mood for a slightly trendier food truck experience, HipPops allows for creating your own sweet concoction by making your own flavor combination. You first select from a gelato, yogurt or sorbet base, pair it with a dip and then add crunchy toppings to finish it off. Simple combinations like vanilla with a milk chocolate dip and peanut toppings are possible, as are the pops that really shine in flavor with adventurous combinations.

Blake Weil

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...