Edge, Food

Food trucks bring new flavors to campus

Nothing beats the midday blues like a food truck at the University of Miami. Whether for a full lunch, or just a pick-me-up snack, food trucks always feel like a special treat or an occasion. Here’s a guide to some of the food trucks you can find around campus:

Jefe’s

Jefe’s is known for one thing, and that’s their wonderful fish tacos. Reasonably priced and bursting with fresh flavors, they make an excellent lunch or snack. There are also Mexican cuisine options on the menu, as well as juicy burgers and fries. Jefe’s is located near the Cox Science building on Wednesdays.

Uragano

Unique to our campus, the Uragano pizza truck provides tasty pizza at assorted campus locations. It features 11 varieties of pizza, from traditional to elaborate options. They are perfect for splitting or simply for a midday pizza break. Uragano can be found at the Rock.

Cold Stone Creamery

Everyone’s favorite hot summer afternoon treat comes right to campus a few times a week. Parked by the Rock, it offers ice cream mixed with your choice of toppings, as well as milkshakes. It’s there when you need to beat the heat on a sunny day, as a mid-week reward, or for Friday afternoon celebration.

HipPops

When in the mood for a slightly trendier food truck experience, HipPops allows for creating your own sweet concoction by making your own flavor combination. You first select from a gelato, yogurt or sorbet base, pair it with a dip and then add crunchy toppings to finish it off. Simple combinations like vanilla with a milk chocolate dip and peanut toppings are possible, as are the pops that really shine in flavor with adventurous combinations.

Blake Weil

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...