Edge, Food

Food trucks bring new flavors to campus

Nothing beats the midday blues like a food truck at the University of Miami. Whether for a full lunch, or just a pick-me-up snack, food trucks always feel like a special treat or an occasion. Here’s a guide to some of the food trucks you can find around campus:

Jefe’s

Jefe’s is known for one thing, and that’s their wonderful fish tacos. Reasonably priced and bursting with fresh flavors, they make an excellent lunch or snack. There are also Mexican cuisine options on the menu, as well as juicy burgers and fries. Jefe’s is located near the Cox Science building on Wednesdays.

Uragano

Unique to our campus, the Uragano pizza truck provides tasty pizza at assorted campus locations. It features 11 varieties of pizza, from traditional to elaborate options. They are perfect for splitting or simply for a midday pizza break. Uragano can be found at the Rock.

Cold Stone Creamery

Everyone’s favorite hot summer afternoon treat comes right to campus a few times a week. Parked by the Rock, it offers ice cream mixed with your choice of toppings, as well as milkshakes. It’s there when you need to beat the heat on a sunny day, as a mid-week reward, or for Friday afternoon celebration.

HipPops

When in the mood for a slightly trendier food truck experience, HipPops allows for creating your own sweet concoction by making your own flavor combination. You first select from a gelato, yogurt or sorbet base, pair it with a dip and then add crunchy toppings to finish it off. Simple combinations like vanilla with a milk chocolate dip and peanut toppings are possible, as are the pops that really shine in flavor with adventurous combinations.

Blake Weil

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami diving team finished its trip to the Texas Diving Invite on a high note Satu ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...