Edge, Fashion

Back-to-school outfits fit for Florida’s fall season

Whether you’re a newcomer on campus or used to Florida’s fall heat, dressing for the season is often a challenge. These five outfits showcase the elements of fall fashion without using too much fabric so you can stay chic in the heat.

outfit1

(Wo)Menswear
Nothing delicate here – tough textures like patent leather and felt are modernly androgynous. Balance out trousers with a cropped tank for a feminine silhouette. Finish the look with minimalist accessories like this round-faced watch and suede satchel.

outfit2

Tread On
Channel utilitarian vibes in this lecture-hall-to-lunch-date look. Dress up a basic white tee with this everyday denim dress and chic sunnies. Add a paisley handkerchief and thick-soled chelsea boots for the perfect level of edge.

outfit3

Tasteful Textures
Get a complex look with a few pieces by mixing textures. Soften up the metallics in this bustier with a suede skirt and faux fur clutch. Complete the outfit with a pair of embossed earrings and soft leather sandals.

outfit 4

Straight Out Of The 70s
Play up the season’s favorite decade with this all-encompassing look. Paisley, suede and structured silhouettes are the hallmarks of 70s fashion. Keep from looking gimmicky with a muted color palette and limited accessories.

outfit5

School Kid Chic
Bring back the skort, sneakers and striped sweater in this mod take on a uniform. A small leather backpack makes this look perfect for college classes. Use gold accessories and darker colors to up the sophistication.

Haley Walker

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

Confident and effective service game propelled University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and fresh ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed back to the NCAA Singles Cham ...

Junior becomes first three-time All-American in program history. ...

For the 16th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season ranked in the top 20 ...