Gallery, Lollapalooza, Photo

Metallica, Sam Smith give their all for Lollapalooza 2015

Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica, and Sam Smith. Check out our recap of the most memorable moments of their performances.

Walk The Moon opened its set on the Sprint Stage Saturday afternoon with the hit “Jenny”. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The audience for Walk The Moon sings along with the band. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Tame Impala took to the Samsung Galaxy Stage early Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“It’s a huge blessing to be playing for Nick Cage… shout out to the young man who brought the Nick Cage face!” said Kid Cudi during his set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

James Hetfield of Metallica shreds on his guitar at the beginning of Metallica’s headliner set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group's headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group’s headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“I’ve been looking forward to this festival for a long time…. I know I shouldn’t say this, but Chicago is my favorite place to perform,” Sam Smith said at the beginning of his set Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Sam Smith described to his adoring Lollapalooza fans why his latest album is special to him. Of the album Smith said, “… it is the first time I get to be truly myself with my music. Every song on this album has happened to me and is a personal experience.” Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

See more: Galleries of Day One and Day Three of Lollapalooza 2015

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...