Gallery, Lollapalooza, Photo

Lollapalooza 2015 thrills Chicago with Tove Lo, Paul McCartney and more

Lollapalooza, a three-day music festival, returned  with a bang to Chicago’s Grant Park. The first day featured performances from Tove Lo, Alabama Shakes, Cold War Kids, Dillon Francis, and the Weeknd. Paul McCartney closed the night with some of the Beatles’ most famous hits, such as “Hey Jude.” Check out the gallery below to see some of the day’s highlights. Stay tuned for more Lollapalooza coverage throughout the weekend.

The crowd sings along with Tove Lo to her song "Not On Drugs," Friday afternoon at the Sprint Stage. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The crowd sings along with Tove Lo to her song “Not On Drugs” Friday afternoon at the Sprint Stage. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Tove Lo's set marked her first performance on a Lollapalooza stage. She performed her hits "Habits" and "Talking Body". Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Tove Lo’s set marked her first performance on a Lollapalooza stage. She performed her hits “Habits” and “Talking Body”. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

"I've been dreaming of this festival and I'm so happy to see you all," Tove Lo said to the crowd at the beginning of her set. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“I’ve been dreaming of this festival and I’m so happy to see you all,” Tove Lo said to the crowd at the beginning of her set. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The Cold War Kids to the Samsung Galaxy Stage to perform “Audience,” Friday at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The Cold War Kids took to the Samsung Galaxy Stage to perform “Audience” Friday at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes brought the crowd to their feet with her soulful rendition of “Hang Loose”.

Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes brought the crowd to their feet with her soulful rendition of “Hang Loose.”

Dillon Francis played Perry’s Stage at dusk on Friday. The popular EDM DJ returns to Miami to play Bayfront Park on October 16. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Concert-goers waved signs of personified objects, such as a CD on fire, during Dillon Francis’ set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The Weeknd, best known for his song “Can’t Feel My Face” took to the BudLight Stage on Friday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The Weeknd, best known for his song “Can’t Feel My Face,” took to the BudLight Stage on Friday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Paul McCartney ended the Lollapalooza festivities Friday night with a literal bang. His performance featured pyrotechnics and fireworks during “Live and Let Die”. The former Beatle appealed to a crowd of all ages, from opening his set with “Magical Mystery Tour” to playing a duet with Alabama Shake’s Brittany Howard. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Paul McCartney ended the Lollapalooza festivities Friday night with a literal bang. His performance featured pyrotechnics and fireworks during “Live and Let Die.” The former Beatle appealed to a crowd of all ages, from opening his set with “Magical Mystery Tour” to playing a duet with Alabama Shake’s Brittany Howard. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

See more: Galleries of Day Two and Day Three of Lollapalooza 2015

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...