News, Obituaries

Former UM first lady Roberta “Bosey” Foote passes away

bosey_foote_large

Roberta “Bosey” Foote, the wife of former University of Miami President Edward “Tad” Foote II, died on Tuesday of complications from cancer at the age of 76.

Foote came to the University of Miami with her husband in 1981 and served twenty years as the University’s first lady before they left 2001.

She was known for her efforts to beautify the university’s Coral Gables campus, and was an enthusiastic supporter of the Gifford Arboretum.

“Bosey Foote was a devoted partner and parent and a pillar of the University of Miami community,” said UM President Donna E. Shalala, according to a press release from the school. “She was always at Tad’s side in helping to raise this university to new heights, and she served this institution with strength and grace and was the driving force behind turning our Coral Gables campus into the beautiful botanical garden that it is today.”

Her father was the late U.S. Senator William J. Fulbright, who created the Fulbright scholarship program for international exchange scholars.

Foote is survived by her husband; three children, Julia, William and Thaddeus; and eight grandchildren.

May 7, 2015

William Riggin

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...