Edge, Fashion

Warm colors, loose silhouettes heat up summer fashion

What better way to ring in the summer than with a shopping spree? If you’re hoping to update your spring wardrobe, here are some trends that will last you into next semester.

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 12.53.48 PM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Colors

Welcome the warmer months with warmer shades. Burgundies, oranges and dusty pinks are fair game on anything from pants to nail polish. Rose-colored sunglasses and gold jewelry complement these colors perfectly.

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 5.33.16 PM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Textures

Denim, braiding and suede give a wild west vibe to this summer’s trends. Get festival-season-ready with scuffed suede boots and denim cutoffs. Simple looks pair well with embroidered wallets, bags, and bracelets in bright colors. Throw on a braided vest or tassel hat to complete the look.

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 10.56.21 AM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Shapes

Say goodbye to short-shorts and tank tops. This summer’s silhouettes are long, loose and breezy. Pair a ’70s style dress with gladiator sandals or a crop top with boyfriend bermudas. Accessorize with bucket bags, panama hats and round shades.

Patterns

Deck out your outfits with florals, paisley and skinny stripes this summer. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. A simple striped tee goes well with floral bags, and paisley dresses will stand out against smaller patterns. If you fear louder looks, try clashing patterns with a striped headscarf and floral bag, or a paisley purse and embroidered bracelet.

Haley Walker

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...