News, Science and Technology

IT survey aims to improve Internet-related issues

Student Government (SG) Campus Liaison Council sent out a survey two weeks ago that evaluated current technology options that are available to students. The student feedbacks is being used to improve IT-related issues in the future.

The Campus Liaison Council is responsible for communicating SG initiatives. Every year, SG tries to assess any IT issues students may have experienced.

“Students have experienced several connectivity issues through out this past school year, so the survey was especially important for this year in particular,” said junior Renee Perez, SG’s director of communications.

The main goal of the survey is to improve student connectivity to the Internet throughout campus. It is intended to see the technology options available and evaluate which areas could use improvement, as well as which are currently doing well.

“However, the survey also measured what kind of devices students are using so that university administrators can determine if we need to offer more support services for certain devices or systems,” Perez said.

Information Technology liaisons Bernardo Berges and Tejas Jain created the first draft of the survey and then worked directly with the Department of Information Technology for any errors or areas that weren’t covered.

“We got a lot of good feedback from students on more areas where Wi-Fi connectivity is subpar as well as which computer labs need to be updated,” Berges said. “We also realized that students don’t seem to be taking advantage of the University sponsored cloud storage systems so that’s something to work on in the future. We also received a lot of feedback on the locations/availability of printers.”

IT uses all the feedback it can receive in order to better the department and the way it responds to issues.

“IT has worked closely with Student Government in developing and administering this survey,” Perez said. “So we look forward to the many improvements that they will bring to our campus community.”

Featured image courtesy Flickr user Blaise Alleyne

Justina Coronel

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...