For the last meeting of Student Government’s (SG) Senate, there are already preparations being made for the next academic year.
- Students can find Category 5 tabling at the spring concert.
- The Supreme Court has three open seats for next year. These seats are lifetime positions, meaning students won’t have to continue running to stay in office.
- SG will be sponsoring a study break with Insomnia Cookies and milk from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28 on the Green.
- Student Health Advisory Committee will be handing out study kits from 12 -2 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28 on the Rock. Greek life will also be hosting a study break on Monday, April 27 from 6-8 p.m. on the Rock.
- Due to the success of the student-athlete talent show, it will become an annual event.
- The Elections Commission report included a bill that passed to change the elections calendar for the fall of 2015. The schedule is as follows:
Monday, Aug. 31 Filing for candidacy begins at 9 a.m. Info packets available in SG Interest Session Tuesday, Sept. 8 Mandatory Referenda Writing 8:30 p.m.Informational Meeting about application and positions, 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8 Elections Commission tabling in the Breezeway reminding students to vote (free giveaways) Monday, Sept. 14 Filing for candidacy and referenda ends. Applications due online by 9 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 16 Mandatory Candidates’ and Referenda Sponsors’ meeting, 9:15 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17 Interim Period begins, 8 a.m.; Candidates may reach out to student organizations in regards to setting up meetings/speaking at events Wednesday, Sept. 23 Graphic campaigning begins, 8 a.m. Open forum on elections/Meet the Candidates 7 p.m. Residential Colleges Monday, Sept. 28 Elections – Day 1 Tuesday, Sept. 29 Elections – Day 2 Wednesday, Sept. 30 Elections – Day 3 Thursday, Oct. 1 Run-off Election Day 1 (if necessary) Friday, Oct. 2 Run-off Election Day 2 (if necessary)