Golf, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/20

Golf

The No. 26-ranked Miami Hurricanes women’s golf team ended the season at the 2015 ACC Women’s Golf Championship Saturday. The Canes had a three-round total of 893, finishing 10th. The championship was held at the par 72, 6,089-yard Sedgefield Country Club. Sophomore Daniela Darquea led the Canes, tying for eighth. This was her seventh top-10 finish this season. Darquea had a final round score even par, 72.

Women’s tennis

Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis ended the season with a 7-0 win over Pittsburgh. The No. 16 Canes will go into the ACC Championship Wednesday 16-5 and 12-2 in the ACC. No. 8 ITA- ranked Stephanie Wagner won her singles match 6-3, 6-3. This weekend also began the inaugural Tennis Alumni Weekend for former players and coaches. Over 50 alumni from the past seven decades (1950s to 2014) gathered for the weekend festivities.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...