Golf, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/20

Golf

The No. 26-ranked Miami Hurricanes women’s golf team ended the season at the 2015 ACC Women’s Golf Championship Saturday. The Canes had a three-round total of 893, finishing 10th. The championship was held at the par 72, 6,089-yard Sedgefield Country Club. Sophomore Daniela Darquea led the Canes, tying for eighth. This was her seventh top-10 finish this season. Darquea had a final round score even par, 72.

Women’s tennis

Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis ended the season with a 7-0 win over Pittsburgh. The No. 16 Canes will go into the ACC Championship Wednesday 16-5 and 12-2 in the ACC. No. 8 ITA- ranked Stephanie Wagner won her singles match 6-3, 6-3. This weekend also began the inaugural Tennis Alumni Weekend for former players and coaches. Over 50 alumni from the past seven decades (1950s to 2014) gathered for the weekend festivities.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...