Golf, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/20

Golf

The No. 26-ranked Miami Hurricanes women’s golf team ended the season at the 2015 ACC Women’s Golf Championship Saturday. The Canes had a three-round total of 893, finishing 10th. The championship was held at the par 72, 6,089-yard Sedgefield Country Club. Sophomore Daniela Darquea led the Canes, tying for eighth. This was her seventh top-10 finish this season. Darquea had a final round score even par, 72.

Women’s tennis

Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis ended the season with a 7-0 win over Pittsburgh. The No. 16 Canes will go into the ACC Championship Wednesday 16-5 and 12-2 in the ACC. No. 8 ITA- ranked Stephanie Wagner won her singles match 6-3, 6-3. This weekend also began the inaugural Tennis Alumni Weekend for former players and coaches. Over 50 alumni from the past seven decades (1950s to 2014) gathered for the weekend festivities.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...