Edge, Food

Global flavors add special spice

With a world of flavors available, it’s time to break out of takeout.

For those looking for a way to jazz up routine recipes, without much skill or expense, the answer is to add spices. Each cuisine has its distinct flavor comprised of regional spices, so for inspiration in taking a dish from mundane to insane, check out the following flavor profiles.

edge1 2

spices 1

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

USA Diving announced the recipients of its annual awards at a ceremony in conjunction with the 2017 ...