Athletics, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/16

SPORTS_Baseball_SC

Freshman left-fielder Carl Chester takes a swing during Wednesday night’s 4-2 win over No. 19 UCF. After Chester’s single in the seventh inning, senior Garrett Kennedy drove in the game-winning run. Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Rowing

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal 2 with a time of 7:09.64, and finished strong Sunday by winning the third level final with a time of 7:11.51. The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal 3 with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Women’s tennis

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals on Sunday for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal two with a time of 7:09.64 and finished strong Sunday, winning the third-level final with a time of 7:11.51 The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal three with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third-level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...