Edge Briefs 4/16

#TBT Patio Jams

In April 1925, a group of citizens chartered the University of Miami as a place for higher education. In celebration of the 90th anniversary of this charter, the weekly Patio Jams concert will be themed as a hashtag #TBT Patio Jams. The Throwback Thursday event will feature an alumni band from 12:30 to 2 p.m. at the UC Patio.

‘Adding Machine’

“Adding Machine: A Musical” opens at 8 p.m. on Thursday in the Hecht Studio Theater. The show is a musical adaptation of Elmer Rice’s 1923 play “The Adding Machine.” The show follows anti-hero Mr. Zero, who murders his boss after 25 years on the job because he was replaced by an adding machine.

MTV’s ‘Girl Code’ #ATTHERAT

The Rathskeller Advisory Board and Hurricane productions will host MTV’s “Girl Code” from 8-10 p.m. Friday at the Rat.  The TV show provides tips for starting discussions about being a woman and covers topics such as “frenemies,” drinking and dating. Female comics, athletes and entertainers will attend the discussion.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...