Edge Briefs 4/13

‘Unfriended’

Though the dead can’t speak, in “Unfriended,” a group of friends find themselves haunted in an online chat room by the account of their dead friend. The Cinematic Arts Commission and Hurricane Productions will host a screening 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Cosford Cinema before the film opens nationwide Friday.  For more information, visit Facebook.com/CinematicArtsCommission or facebook.com/hpmiami.

Face It

A photo exhibition will challenge women to think about their insecurities and “Face It” at 6-9 p.m. Tuesday in the UC Storm Surge. SPARK and Girls 4 Good created and organized the photo project, which asked women to write an insecurity of theirs onto their bodies accompanied by a description,  and then juxtapose it with encouraging words from a friend or significant other. As part of the interactive exhibit, gallery guests will have a chance to write messages on post-it notes to these girls and place them around the photos.

#TBT Patio Jams

In April of 1925, a group of citizens chartered the University of Miami as a place for higher education. In celebration of the 90th anniversary of that charter, the weekly Patio Jams concert will be themed as a #TBT Patio Jams. The Throwback Thursday event will feature an alumni band from 12:30 to 2 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...