Edge Briefs 4/13

‘Unfriended’

Though the dead can’t speak, in “Unfriended,” a group of friends find themselves haunted in an online chat room by the account of their dead friend. The Cinematic Arts Commission and Hurricane Productions will host a screening 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Cosford Cinema before the film opens nationwide Friday.  For more information, visit Facebook.com/CinematicArtsCommission or facebook.com/hpmiami.

Face It

A photo exhibition will challenge women to think about their insecurities and “Face It” at 6-9 p.m. Tuesday in the UC Storm Surge. SPARK and Girls 4 Good created and organized the photo project, which asked women to write an insecurity of theirs onto their bodies accompanied by a description,  and then juxtapose it with encouraging words from a friend or significant other. As part of the interactive exhibit, gallery guests will have a chance to write messages on post-it notes to these girls and place them around the photos.

#TBT Patio Jams

In April of 1925, a group of citizens chartered the University of Miami as a place for higher education. In celebration of the 90th anniversary of that charter, the weekly Patio Jams concert will be themed as a #TBT Patio Jams. The Throwback Thursday event will feature an alumni band from 12:30 to 2 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...