Football, Sports

Hurricanes football team volunteers at Marrow Donor Drive

Miami football players partnered with Be the Match in their annual bone marrow drive // Courtesy Miami Football

Miami football players partnered with Be the Match in their annual bone marrow drive. // Courtesy Miami Football

Uniformed football players made their presence felt on campus Wednesday as they handed out promotional fliers while standing in high-trafficked areas like the Student Activities Center and the Rat.

This was a part of the Miami Hurricanes football team’s yearly UM Marrow Donor Drive in partnership with Be the Match Foundation.

Facilitators included coaches, players and other volunteers who guided participants through the process of becoming bone marrow donors.

Freshman defensive end Demetrius Jackson said the event was a success.

“We accomplished our mission of getting a lot of people to sign up, and I know that a lot of lives will be saved because of this event,” he said. “The more people, the better.”

To become a donor, potentials must be 18-60 years old, meet the required health guidelines and be willing to donate, if chosen. For more information, go to BeTheMatch.org.

Kayla Lott

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...