News Briefs 4/6

Raul Velarde plays foosball in the Columbia tent during a past South American themed night for International Week. This annual event put on by COISO is a week-long celebration of world cultures and takes place April 6-10. File Photo by Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

International Week

The Council of International Students and Organizations’ (COISO) International Week 2015 will celebrate the various cultures represented on campus by dedicating each day to a different part of the world. Each day includes a day activity from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and an evening show from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Events will offer free food and performances by student organizations. I-Week launches with Latin America and the Caribbean on Monday, following with the Middle East on Tuesday. Asia will be featured on Wednesday, Europe and Africa on Thursday. On Friday, the Islands round out the week.

Sweat with Vets

The Veterans Student Organization (VSO) invites students to participate in a military-style obstacle course fundraiser to benefit the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans, a nonprofit organization that provides housing, food, health services and job training for homeless veterans. The free event will be held at 4 p.m. Tuesday on the Intramural Fields.

‘Edges’

QuantUM Entertainment presents “Edges,” a song cycle about the trials and tribulations of moving into adulthood that examines the search for love, commitment and meaning. A song cycle is a group, or cycle, of individual songs that are performed in a sequence as a unit. Originally written by Tony-nominated Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, the play asks coming-of-age questions tailored for college audiences. The show is free for students and will be playing at the Cosford Cinema at 8 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. “Edges” will be screened again at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday.

Loan Repayment Workshop

The School of Business and Cane Success Center are providing a free loan repayment workshop presented by Access Group, a nonprofit organization dedicated to financial education, research and advocacy for students in higher education. The workshop will discuss students’ total federal loan debt and repayment plan options. The free event will be from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at Storer Auditorium.

Alina Zerpa may be contacted at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com

Alina Zerpa

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...