News Briefs 4/6

Raul Velarde plays foosball in the Columbia tent during a past South American themed night for International Week. This annual event put on by COISO is a week-long celebration of world cultures and takes place April 6-10. File Photo by Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

International Week

The Council of International Students and Organizations’ (COISO) International Week 2015 will celebrate the various cultures represented on campus by dedicating each day to a different part of the world. Each day includes a day activity from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and an evening show from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Events will offer free food and performances by student organizations. I-Week launches with Latin America and the Caribbean on Monday, following with the Middle East on Tuesday. Asia will be featured on Wednesday, Europe and Africa on Thursday. On Friday, the Islands round out the week.

Sweat with Vets

The Veterans Student Organization (VSO) invites students to participate in a military-style obstacle course fundraiser to benefit the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans, a nonprofit organization that provides housing, food, health services and job training for homeless veterans. The free event will be held at 4 p.m. Tuesday on the Intramural Fields.

‘Edges’

QuantUM Entertainment presents “Edges,” a song cycle about the trials and tribulations of moving into adulthood that examines the search for love, commitment and meaning. A song cycle is a group, or cycle, of individual songs that are performed in a sequence as a unit. Originally written by Tony-nominated Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, the play asks coming-of-age questions tailored for college audiences. The show is free for students and will be playing at the Cosford Cinema at 8 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. “Edges” will be screened again at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday.

Loan Repayment Workshop

The School of Business and Cane Success Center are providing a free loan repayment workshop presented by Access Group, a nonprofit organization dedicated to financial education, research and advocacy for students in higher education. The workshop will discuss students’ total federal loan debt and repayment plan options. The free event will be from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at Storer Auditorium.

Alina Zerpa may be contacted at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com

Alina Zerpa

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...