Art, Edge

Neighborhood Art Walks offer collection of culture

Life can be tough for student art buffs – museum memberships and concert tickets aren’t exactly easy to fit into a college budget. Fortunately, Miami’s thriving arts scene has provided a solution: Art Walks.

These evenings typically occur once a month. They feature live music, open galleries and more. Art Walks are not just in Wynwood; there is a different neighborhood jumping on this trend every weekend of the month. Each event has its own flavor, so there’s something to satisfy every kind of cultural craving.

Name: Coral Gables Gallery Night

Date: First Friday of every month, 7-11 p.m.

Location: Along Ponce de Leon Boulevard, between Menores Avenue and Bird Road, as well as Miracle Mile

Highlights:

• Stop by the Virginia Miller Galleries, one of the oldest art spaces in Miami.
  • Take advantage of the free admission to the Coral Gables Museum.
  • Catch some live music in Ponce Circle Park.

Name: Coconut Grove Fashion + Art + Music Night

Date: First Saturday of every month, 7-10 p.m.

Location: Grand Avenue, Main Highway, Commodore Plaza and Fuller Street

Highlights:

• Get your fashion fix and take advantage of discounted prices at many of the Grove’s boutiques.
  • Listen to a varied mix of live music, featuring drum circles, acoustic coffeehouses and occasional performances from the Frost School of Music.
  • Keep the night going after the walk ends with the after-party at the Bookstore in the Grove.

Name: Wynwood Art Walk

Date: Second Saturday of every month, 7-10 p.m.

Location: Between 23rd Street and 30th Street, along Northwest Second Avenue (The Wynwood Arts District)

Highlights:

• Grab dinner from an assortment of food trucks and enjoy some live music with your meal.
  • Check out the dozens of galleries open for public viewing.
  • Admire the can’t-miss graffiti installations at Wynwood Walls.

Name: Bird Road Art District Walk

Date: Third Saturday of every month, 7-10 p.m.

Location: Along 74th Street and 75th Street, just south of Bird Road

Highlights:

• Check out an eclectic array of art displayed in repurposed warehouse spaces.
  • Hear some poetry or see a comedy show at Inner Look Center.
  • Watch a performance courtesy of Akuara Teatro, Bird Road’s resident theatrical troupe.

Name: Viernes Culturales

Date: Last Friday of every month, 7-10 p.m.

Location: Along Calle Ocho in Little Havana

Highlights:

• Grab a drink and take in some live jazz at Ball and Chain, one of Miami’s most historic nightclubs.
  • Take a free walking tour of Little Havana with Paul George, a veteran guide with 13 years of experience.
  • Finish your night on a sweet note with a scoop of Azucar Ice Cream Company’s famous Abuela Maria.

Madelyn Paquette

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...