News Briefs 3/30

NEWS_CommuterDateNight_VM

Senior Danny Diaz and sophomore Santiago Massa dance it out as Danny is auctioned away for a date during the Commuter Week Charity Date Auction held at the Rathskeller Thursday. All the proceeds went to the American Cancer Society. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Health Outreach Peer Educator

Health Outreach Peer Educators (HOPE) are looking for students interested in being part of the program. HOPE members are trained to teach fellow students about pertinent health issues. Those interested will have the opportunity to learn about sexual health, relationships, hazing, discrimination, stress, time management, gambling and more. To apply, visit Miami.edu/healthed. The deadline is April 2.

The UMazing Race

Commuter students and residents living on campus will compete with one another in field day-like activities. The event will begin at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at the Intramural Fields near the Hecht and Stanford residential colleges. Student Government’s Freshmen Leadership Council created the initiative to help students bond. Student Government will provide dinner for participants, and the event is free for all students. To register for the race, visit tinyurl.com/UmazingRace.

Media Meet-Up

Students are invited to network at the Communication and Interactive Media Meet-Up to meet employers in communication, advertising, broadcast, media, journalism and graphic design fields. Appetizers will be served at the event, and professional attire is required. The meet-up is free for all students and lasts from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday at the School of Communication Courtyard. For more information, visit HireACane.com.

Alina Zerpa may be contacted at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alina Zerpa

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...