Edge, Music, Ultra

Miami Music Week closes with weekend performances

Downtown Miami will be lit up next week as the biggest names in electronic dance music (EDM) play their best music and release new songs at the world-renowned Ultra Music Festival. Students who love the music and can’t get enough EDM can explore what the rest of Miami Music Week has to offer. For more information, visit miamimusicweek.com or ultramusicfestival.com.

FRIDAY

AronChupa

AronChupa is a 23-year-old Swedish DJ, producer and multi-instrumentalist, and Ultra will be his first American performance. He released his debut solo single “I’m an Albatraoz” on Aug. 8  The track was named one of “Tomorrow’s Hits” by Billboard, No. 1 on iTunes in 18 markets and received 100 million streams on Spotify. AronChupa will be opening on the main stage at Ultra on Friday.

EDX

Known for his melody-driven house music, EDX is on his Progression of Sound U.S. Takeover Tour and making a stop at Ultra. The Swiss DJ has had chart-toppers like “Cool You Off” and “Breathin’,” and will showcase his talents at Miami Music Week and the Ultra Radio Stage on Friday. Catch EDX the next day at noon Saturday at the Foxtail Pool Party in Hyde Beach, 1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, Fla., 33139. To purchase tickets, visit dannyavila.wantickets.com.

SATURDAY

Marc Kinchen

Raised in Detroit, Marc Kinchen (MK) creates remixes of artists’ works, such as Lana Del Ray, Chris Malinkchak and Rudimental. As one third of the house music supergroup, Pleasure State released its first EP in 2014. Watch MK play on the Carl Cox & Friends Stage on Saturday.

Cedric Gervais

Grammy award-winning producer Cedric Gervais has headlined other major music festivals like Coachella and Insomniac. Fans can catch the French DJ on the Ultra Worldwide Stage on Saturday, where he will be playing hits like his remix to Lana Del Rey’s “Summertime Sadness.”

SUNDAY

Cazzette

Besides watching him headline at Ultra’s main stage on Sunday, fans of the “Sleepless” Swedish duo can watch Cazzette at earlier events. As the first group to ever launch a project on Spotify in 2012, they have topped the Billboard charts for Dance Club Songs, Global Dance Songs and On-Demand Songs. Watch Cazzette from 12 -5 p.m. on Saturday at No Sugar Added on First Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Fla., 33139. Purchase tickets at nsamiami.wantickets.com/

Goldfish

From the southern-most tip of Africa, Goldfish will perform at Ultra. The duo will play saxophones, flutes, keyboards and double bass, as well as the regular DJ set up. From sold-out shows in Amsterdam, Sydney and Sao Paolo, Goldfish has received a record-breaking eight awards at the South African Music Awards and will be returning to the live stage at Ultra on Sunday.

Alina Zerpa

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...