Community, Edge, Music, Ultra

Shows to see during Miami Music Week

People from around the world have been waiting for Ultra Music Festival (UMF) to light up downtown Miami and enjoy today’s top electronic dance music (EDM) DJs. While ticket prices to Ultra have become so expensive that it has inhibited fans from going, Miami Music Week provides a platform for big-name DJs to perform individual shows that won’t make your wallet cry. Here are some of the highlights from Tuesday to Thursday. For more events, visit miamimusicweek.com.

Tuesday, March 24

The Official Circus Miami Party

Dubstep fans who can’t wait for the speakers at UMF to blast heavy-bass notes can head to Grand Central to watch English dubstep producers and DJs Flux Pavilion, Doctor P, Cookie Monsta and Funtcase.

When: 10 p.m. Tuesday

Where: Grand Central, 697 N Miami Avenue, Miami, Fla. 33136

Tickets: Start at $15, embrace.wantickets.com

Ages allowed: 18 and up

Benny Benassi

Grammy award-winning Italian DJ and producer Benny Benassi will be in Miami with others like Jason Lema, Zeus and AM75. Most noted for hits like “Satisfaction” and “Beautiful People ft. Chris Brown,” Benassi is expected to spend the night playing songs for everyone to dance to.

When: 11 p.m. Tuesday

Where: E11even Miami, 29 NE 11th St., Miami, Fla. 33130

Tickets: Start at $20, 11miami.com/mmw/

Ages allowed: 21 and up

Steve Aoki & Friends

If you missed him last year and can’t wait to be “caked” in the audience this year at UMF, Steve Aoki will perform with other DJs, like Nervo and Bassjackers, at LIV Nightclub. To reserve a table, call 305-674-4680 or e-mail VIP@LIVnightclub.com.

When: 11 p.m. Tuesday

Where: LIV Nightclub, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami, Fla. 33140

Tickets: Start at $60, Flavorus.com

Ages allowed: 21 and up

Wednesday, March 25

Miami In Session Featuring TIGER RECORDS

For those who want to listen to music as they enjoy the Miami weather and a pool party, head down to the Shore Club. Headliners include the female duo 2 Elements and Belgian DJ and producer Dave Lambert.

When: 12 p.m. Wednesday

Where: Shore Club, 1901 Collins Avenue, Miami, Fla. 33139

Tickets: Start at $15, wantickets.com/Events/176424/Miami-In-Session-Featuring-TIGER-RECORDS/

Ages allowed: 21 and up

Armin Van Buuren & Friends

The Grammy-nominated Dutch trance DJ is one of the top headliners for UMF and will perform before the festival at Mansion Nightclub. The producer will play alongside Jochen Miller, Mark Sixma, MaRlo and Simon Patterson.

When: 10 p.m. Wednesday

Where: Mansion Nightclub, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami, Fla. 33139

Tickets: Start at $75, tinyurl.com/ArminMiami

Ages allowed: 21 and up

Thursday, March 26

Disclosure Presents Wild Life

Although the English brothers won’t be performing at Ultra, fans of the “Latch” DJs can enjoy their performance at SoHo Studios’ pavillion. Other artists include Justin Martin, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, DJ EZ and Carl Craig.

When: 8 p.m. Thursday

Where: SoHo Studios, 2151 NW First Ct., Miami, Fla. 33127

Tickets: Call 305-600-4785

Ages allowed: 18 and up

Ingrosso

If you’re still heartbroken that Swedish House Mafia disbanded in 2013 and are even more sad they won’t have a reunion tour, line up at Story to hear Sebastian Ingrosso before he hits the Main Stage at UMF on Saturday. For table reservations, call 305-479-4426 or e-mail VIP@STORYmiami.com.

When: 11 p.m. Thursday

Where: Story, 136 Collins Ave., Miami, Fla. 33139

Tickets: Start at $60, flavorus.com/event/Ingrosso-STORY/285971

Ages allowed: 21 and up

Featured image courtesy Flickr user Jared eberhardt 

Alina Zerpa

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...