Athletics, Baseball, Sports, Swimming/Diving

Sports Briefs 3/23

Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Freshman Nile Clark plays in a doubles competition with Piotr Lomacki (not pictured) during Friday’s match against Clemson. The Hurricanes lost 3-4. Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Swimming and Diving

Senior diver Thea Vock earned her second All-America recognition Friday night at the Greensboro Aquatic Center. She took fifth place in the 3-meter event at the 2015 NCAA Division I Swimming and Diving Championships.

Senior Cheyenne Cousineau picked up her second career All-America recognition Saturday with a third-place finish in the platform event. She earned All-America honors in 2013 in the same event when she was a redshirt sophomore at Ohio State.

Baseball

The Hurricanes clinched their second straight ACC series victory, beating Wake Forest 12-7 in game two at Gene Hooks Field Saturday. The No. 17 Canes are currently 18-7 overall and 6-3 in the ACC.

Miami jumped out to an early lead Saturday. Despite a late Wake Forest comeback effort, Miami held on to secure its eighth straight victory.

The Canes struggled in the final game on Sunday. They lost 10-4 but still took the series.

Rowing

The Hurricanes rowing team had five boats compete against Columbia and UCF at the The Governor’s Cup Saturday.

Saturday’s meet capped an exciting start to the 2015 spring season for the Canes. On Wednesday, Miami opened with a scrimmage against UConn.

The Canes will head to San Diego to compete in the San Diego Crew Classic in the final weekend of March.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...