UM junior passes away

Aurora Ephraim

Aurora Ephraim

Aurora Ephraim, a University of Miami junior from New Jersey who lived in the University Village, passed away, according to an email from UM President Donna E. Shalala sent Monday afternoon.

Ephraim was a student in the College of Arts and Sciences, majoring in physics with minors in biology and math.

She was involved in the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Society of Physics Students and Scientifica Magazine.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends,” Shalala wrote. “As always, University Chaplains are available to assist students, as well as the Counseling Center…”

The Counseling Center can be reached at 305-284-5511. Students can also contact the Dean of Students Office at 305-284-5353.

Update: Physics major, campus activist Aurora Ephraim passes away

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.