UM junior passes away

Aurora Ephraim

Aurora Ephraim

Aurora Ephraim, a University of Miami junior from New Jersey who lived in the University Village, passed away, according to an email from UM President Donna E. Shalala sent Monday afternoon.

Ephraim was a student in the College of Arts and Sciences, majoring in physics with minors in biology and math.

She was involved in the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Society of Physics Students and Scientifica Magazine.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends,” Shalala wrote. “As always, University Chaplains are available to assist students, as well as the Counseling Center…”

The Counseling Center can be reached at 305-284-5511. Students can also contact the Dean of Students Office at 305-284-5353.

Update: Physics major, campus activist Aurora Ephraim passes away

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...