Baseball, Sports

Hurricanes wrap up homestand with win over FGCU

The Hurricanes (9-4) held their annual matchup with the Marlins Tuesday, and held their own for three innings before the Marlins went off for six runs in the fourth. The Fish started many of their notable names, before replacing most in the third and fourth innings.

UM pitchers squared off against professionals like Ichiro Suzuki and Dee Gordon.

The names weren’t quite as big Wednesday night against FGCU, but Miami, led by Zack Collins’ 2-3 night, cruised by the Eagles, 7-3.

“It felt good tonight,” said Collins to HurricaneSports after the game. “I felt really good at the plate.”

Collins entered the game with a 1-18 slump at the plate to his name, but quickly broke out of it, launching a home run to center field on the first pitch he saw from FGCU’s Sterling Koerner.

Miami will now travel to Louisville to open up ACC play in a three-game series with the Cardinals, a program that has reached Omaha the past two seasons.

AJ Ricketts

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...