Frost School musicians offer Sunday sounds at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden enchants Coral Gables with 83-acres of sunshine, pathways, bright flowers, and an unknown gem – performances from students at the University of Miami Frost School of Music.

The Frost School has partnered with Fairchild to bring music to community through the Sunday Sounds program, which invites the musicians to take the stage near the Rainforest exhibit, which is considered to be the most popular location for visitors to rest and have lunch. Concerts last about an hour and include a variety of genres.

Melissa Lesniak, director of outreach, and Rhonda Kremer, teaching assistant, direct the proceedings on the campus end. Lesniak explained that students are chosen by Kremer to participate based on availability and preparation.

Lesniak and Kremer coordinate with Brooke LeMaire of Fairchild. LeMaire, a University of Miami alumna, spoke enthusiastically about the project and referred to the Frost students as “[having]so much talent and a diverse range of skills.”

Frost students such as Javier Nero, who performed live on the Lakeside Patio Thursday, will be performing as part of the Sunday Sounds concert on March 7.

Featured image courtesy FunGi_ via Flickr.

Brianna Hernandez

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...