Where to view Miami’s most scenic sites

To live like a tourist is a novel piece of advice that guides students to enjoy the beautiful views offered by the sprawling city they call home for four years. One of the features that makes Miami such a popular destination is the crystalline, turquoise water surrounding modern skyscrapers.

While tourists come in droves to the Magic City during spring break, students have the upper hand. Take advantage of what Miami has to offer, and explore the area while appreciating the beauty of the city’s geographical location and architectural developments.

To see the downtown skyline, with a clear view of the iconic MacArthur Causeway, hop on the 395 bridge heading east and get off at the Miami Children’s Museum exit. While making a right, continue on the road that leads directly under the bridge. Find a place to park and walk toward the water to admire one of the most famous views of Miami. This view is even more special at sunset.

After viewing the skyline, get back on the MacArthur Causeway and head south to Alton Road, down to South Pointe Pier. From there, visitors can see the downtown skyline, as well as the port and cranes captured in many photos of Miami Beach. This is another great spot to watch the sunset. Be sure to stroll around the park to capture the picturesque view from different angles framed by palm trees.

To exit Miami Beach through another scenic route, head north on Alton Road until the Venetian Causeway. Make a left on that intersection and drive west. On this causeway, students can enjoy a drive with intracoastal waters, where many sailboats remain year round.

The last stop is a lighthouse located in Key Biscayne. Visitors can enter Bill Baggs State Park to visit the Cape Florida Light. On Saturday, the lighthouse allows guests to go all the way up to the top, offering a pleasant view overlooking Miami’s beaches and downtown. Guests can also park on one of the beaches along Key Biscayne to dig their toes in the sand while admiring the views that this tropical city offers.

Featured image courtesy no rain corp via Flickr.

Andrea Cespedes

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...