News Briefs 2/25

NEWS BRIEFS_Lunar New Year

Graduate student Sukru Senveli practices Chinese calligraphy during the Lunar New Year events held on the UC Patio Monday night. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

International Night: Haiti

The University of Miami campus is invited to spend a night learning about Haiti and how God fits into the Haitian culture. Sponsored by Baptist Collegiate Ministry, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship and Planet Kreyol, students are welcome to join others from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27 at Baptist Student Union, across from Mahoney-Pearson Residential Hall, on 1200 Stanford Drive, Coral Gables, Fla. 33146.

Healthcare Meet-up

Toppel Career Center will be hosting a meet-up for students interested in the healthcare industry are invited to an employer panel. Brought to students by Alpha Epsilon Delta, HealthCanes and Health Studies Student Association, professionals representing pharmacy, health administration and public health will be meeting with students to explain their careers. For a list of participating organizations, visit tinyurl.com/HealthcareToppel. The event will begin from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3 at Toppel Career Center.

Canes Camp Out

For students excited about the men’s basketball team have the chance to camp out for the University of North Carolina game with free dinner, ice cream, breakfast, tents and other activities. Co-sponsored with Hurricane Productions (HP), Canes Night Live (CNL) and Canes After Dark (CAD), the event lets students enjoy inflatables, music and hourly raffles. Students can receive a wristband in the morning to receive priority seating for the game. Camping begins at 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27 and the game begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 28 at the BankUnited Center.

Alina Zerpa may be contacted at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alina Zerpa

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...