News Briefs 2/25

NEWS BRIEFS_Lunar New Year

Graduate student Sukru Senveli practices Chinese calligraphy during the Lunar New Year events held on the UC Patio Monday night. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

International Night: Haiti

The University of Miami campus is invited to spend a night learning about Haiti and how God fits into the Haitian culture. Sponsored by Baptist Collegiate Ministry, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship and Planet Kreyol, students are welcome to join others from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27 at Baptist Student Union, across from Mahoney-Pearson Residential Hall, on 1200 Stanford Drive, Coral Gables, Fla. 33146.

Healthcare Meet-up

Toppel Career Center will be hosting a meet-up for students interested in the healthcare industry are invited to an employer panel. Brought to students by Alpha Epsilon Delta, HealthCanes and Health Studies Student Association, professionals representing pharmacy, health administration and public health will be meeting with students to explain their careers. For a list of participating organizations, visit tinyurl.com/HealthcareToppel. The event will begin from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3 at Toppel Career Center.

Canes Camp Out

For students excited about the men’s basketball team have the chance to camp out for the University of North Carolina game with free dinner, ice cream, breakfast, tents and other activities. Co-sponsored with Hurricane Productions (HP), Canes Night Live (CNL) and Canes After Dark (CAD), the event lets students enjoy inflatables, music and hourly raffles. Students can receive a wristband in the morning to receive priority seating for the game. Camping begins at 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 27 and the game begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 28 at the BankUnited Center.

Alina Zerpa may be contacted at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alina Zerpa

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...