Campus Life, News

Mahoney, Pearson residents evacuated

A fire truck and evacuated students in front of Mahoney-Pearson residential colleges Wednesday afternoon. // Photo courtesy Nicole Katz

Mahoney and Pearson Residential College residents were evacuated from their dorms on Wednesday afternoon.

As of 5 p.m., however, students were back inside the building.

Officials say that the university is dealing with an apparent burst sprinkler pipe. This leak is responsible for three to four inches of standing water in the basement, which will be pumped out.

There was no impact on student floors, and no one was hurt.

Facilities and other personnel are on site working on cleaning up and removing water.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Erika Glass

Multimedia Editor

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...