Campus Life, News

Mahoney, Pearson residents evacuated

A fire truck and evacuated students in front of Mahoney-Pearson residential colleges Wednesday afternoon. // Photo courtesy Nicole Katz

Mahoney and Pearson Residential College residents were evacuated from their dorms on Wednesday afternoon.

As of 5 p.m., however, students were back inside the building.

Officials say that the university is dealing with an apparent burst sprinkler pipe. This leak is responsible for three to four inches of standing water in the basement, which will be pumped out.

There was no impact on student floors, and no one was hurt.

Facilities and other personnel are on site working on cleaning up and removing water.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Erika Glass

Multimedia Editor

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...