Football, Sports

Miami hires new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has been hired as Miami's new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has reportedly been hired as Miami’s new assistant director of football operations

The University of Miami has hired Josh Darrow as its new assistant director of football operations, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInsight this afternoon.

Darrow launched SFHSSports.com (South Florida High School) and was the color commentator for Miami men’s basketball for WQAM before the station eliminated the position due to financial reasons. Darrow has also been the sideline reporter for Miami football games. In addition, he has worked around the South Florida prep football scene extensively throughout the past decade.

The University has yet to officially announce the hiring as of Tuesday evening.

Darrow is replacing Kevin Beard, who was recently promoted to the wide receivers coaching position.

The Hurricanes are currently in spring practice, which will take place through March 26, culminating in the spring game on March 28 at Lockhart Stadium.

Miami will open the season at home on Sept. 5 against Bethune Cookman.

AJ Ricketts

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...