Football, Sports

Miami hires new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has been hired as Miami's new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has reportedly been hired as Miami’s new assistant director of football operations

The University of Miami has hired Josh Darrow as its new assistant director of football operations, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInsight this afternoon.

Darrow launched SFHSSports.com (South Florida High School) and was the color commentator for Miami men’s basketball for WQAM before the station eliminated the position due to financial reasons. Darrow has also been the sideline reporter for Miami football games. In addition, he has worked around the South Florida prep football scene extensively throughout the past decade.

The University has yet to officially announce the hiring as of Tuesday evening.

Darrow is replacing Kevin Beard, who was recently promoted to the wide receivers coaching position.

The Hurricanes are currently in spring practice, which will take place through March 26, culminating in the spring game on March 28 at Lockhart Stadium.

Miami will open the season at home on Sept. 5 against Bethune Cookman.

AJ Ricketts

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...