Football, Sports

Miami hires new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has been hired as Miami's new assistant director of football operations

Josh Darrow has reportedly been hired as Miami’s new assistant director of football operations

The University of Miami has hired Josh Darrow as its new assistant director of football operations, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInsight this afternoon.

Darrow launched SFHSSports.com (South Florida High School) and was the color commentator for Miami men’s basketball for WQAM before the station eliminated the position due to financial reasons. Darrow has also been the sideline reporter for Miami football games. In addition, he has worked around the South Florida prep football scene extensively throughout the past decade.

The University has yet to officially announce the hiring as of Tuesday evening.

Darrow is replacing Kevin Beard, who was recently promoted to the wide receivers coaching position.

The Hurricanes are currently in spring practice, which will take place through March 26, culminating in the spring game on March 28 at Lockhart Stadium.

Miami will open the season at home on Sept. 5 against Bethune Cookman.

AJ Ricketts

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...