News Briefs 2/19

Road closed for Frost dedication

Due to the dedication of the new Frost Studios of the School of Music, Miller Drive will be closed to traffic from noon on Thursday, Feb. 19 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 20. To access the Purple Lot, traffic must go through Memorial Drive and Robbia Avenue. The speed limit on internal campus roadways is 15 MPH; proceed with caution. To contact Parking & Transportation, call 305-284-3096.

Wish Makers

Wishmakers on Campus will be hosting a volleyball tournament where all proceeds will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It is $40 for early registration for teams of 5-7 and $45 at the door. Individuals without a team will be placed with other single players. Food and prizes will be provided. The tournament will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 22 at the main gym in the second floor of the Wellness Center. To register, contact UMWishmakers@gmail.com

Drink ThinK Program

Greek Week will be welcoming Rick Barnes to empower students to achieve their highest potential concerning alcohol use. “Rick’s Drink Think” program is a fun, interactive, yet serious discussion about alcohol use on campus. Those participating in Greek Week must have 50 members attending to achieve points for this event. Free and open to all students, the event will take place at 8 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 23 in Storer Auditorium.

Ying Yang Twins #AtTheRat

The Atlanta-based hip-hop duo, Ying Yang Twins, will be performing at the Rat at 10 p.m., sponsored by Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. and free giveaways will be given to the first 100 people to arrive. To enter, students need their Cane Cards. Re-entries and large bags will not be allowed. Students can only bring one guest who must be at least 18 years old and have an ID.

Alina Zerpa can be e-mailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Alina Zerpa

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...