On-campus research magazine asks for funding

miami scientifica

Voting for Student Government (SG) elections has officially begun and will end Wednesday at 4 p.m. In addition to choosing a new SG president, vice president and senate chairs, University of Miami students will also have the opportunity to vote “yes” or “no” for the UMiami Scientifica referendum.

Scientifica Magazine is UM’s first undergraduate research magazine, and launched its first issue in November 2014. Its focus is mainly to provide students with insight on topics of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).

In order for the magazine to release four print issues per year, Scientifica staff members have to deal with the challenge of printing costs.

The UMiami Scientifica referendum asks students to vote on the idea of adding a one-dollar increase to their student activities fee to cover printing costs for the publication.

Students can vote at one of the polling stations installed in the University Center (UC) breezeway, the freshman residential colleges or online through OrgSync at orgsync.com/81696/forms/133697.

Sophie Barros

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...