On-campus research magazine asks for funding

miami scientifica

Voting for Student Government (SG) elections has officially begun and will end Wednesday at 4 p.m. In addition to choosing a new SG president, vice president and senate chairs, University of Miami students will also have the opportunity to vote “yes” or “no” for the UMiami Scientifica referendum.

Scientifica Magazine is UM’s first undergraduate research magazine, and launched its first issue in November 2014. Its focus is mainly to provide students with insight on topics of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).

In order for the magazine to release four print issues per year, Scientifica staff members have to deal with the challenge of printing costs.

The UMiami Scientifica referendum asks students to vote on the idea of adding a one-dollar increase to their student activities fee to cover printing costs for the publication.

Students can vote at one of the polling stations installed in the University Center (UC) breezeway, the freshman residential colleges or online through OrgSync at orgsync.com/81696/forms/133697.

Sophie Barros

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...