Basketball, Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 2/16

At Sunday's game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women's Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

At Sunday’s game against Georgia Tech, Sophomore guard Adrienne Motley and the Women’s Basketball team wear pink as part of the Play 4Kay game that supports breast cancer awareness. Nagashreya Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

TRACK AND FIELD

The Miami Hurricanes track and field team finished the 2015 Tyson Invitational Saturday in Fayetteville, Ar. Sophomore Gian Piero Ragonesi finished eighth in the men’s shot topping his personal-best with 17.68m ranking second in UM history.  The women’s 4x400m relay team  ran for a seventh place finish with a time of 3:35.36. Miami will return to the track for the ACC Indoor Championships in Blacksburg, Va., Feb. 27-28.

MEN’S TENNIS

On a dual weekend with two competitions against different schools, the Miami Hurricanes men’s tennis team split 1-1 at the Neil Schiff  Tennis Center.  The No. 71 team finished Friday the day with a 7-0 victory over Kennesaw State. The Canes won all six singles matches and two doubles matches. The next day the Canes fell 4-3 to No. 48 Pepperdine. The Canes will host Bethune-Cookman in a doubleheader on Saturday, Feb. 28 at 10 a.m. and again at 4 p.m.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The Miami men’s basketball game at Boston College scheduled for Sunday night has been postponed to Monday at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather and travel conditions in the northeast. The game will be televised on ESPNU.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...