Community, Edge

Coconut Grove Arts Festival features eclectic music showcase

Coconut Grove Arts Festival (CGAF) is a three-day outdoor fine arts festival in Miami where artists around the world display their works alongside food, music and a lively atmosphere. CGAF opened Saturday for its 52nd year with, more than 380 artists participating, and will run through Monday.

The festival partnered with the Miami New Times to offer a whole showcase of eclectic musical artists at the main stage. With Zach Deputy, a self-described one-man “Island-infused, Drum ‘n’ Bass, Gospel-Ninja-Soul,” and a special guest, Miami natives Juke, the first day concluded with a major open field dance party for fans of a fusion of rhythm and blues, soul, jam, Caribbean and electronica music.

Continuing the high-quality performance, the award-winning, psychedelic southern rock band Bright Light Social Hour will rock on Sunday evening. Being a favorite on the national touring rotation with incendiary live performances, the band has swept six awards presented by the SXSW 2011 Austin Music Awards, including Band of the Year, Album of the Year and Song of the Year. Their second full-length album will also be released in March.

On Monday, the wildly unapologetic and kazoo-wielding Beebs and Her Moneymakers will end the festival.

Saturday

Gold Dust Lounge 12:30 p.m.

Robby Hunter 2 p.m.

My Deer 3:30 p.m.

Zach Deputy w/ Special Guests: Juke 5 p.m.

Sunday

Krisp 12:30 p.m.

The Deaf Poets 1:30 p.m.

Ketchy Shuby 2:30 p.m.

Locos Por Juana 3:30 p.m.

The Bright Light Social Hour 5 p.m.

Monday

Chloe Dolandis 12:30 p.m.

Shotgun Betty 2 p.m.

Suenalo 3:30 p.m.

Beebs & Her Moneymakers 5 p.m.

Featured Photo Courtesy Coconut Grove Arts Festival.

Siyuan Tong

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis t ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...