Community, Edge

What to do this Valentine’s Day weekend

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to start planning the perfect weekend. Fortunately, for all those romantics out there, Valentine’s is on a Saturday, allowing for more celebrations. If you’re in a relationship or just want to have a good time with friends, there are several options to turn V-Day into a romantic escape or a fun weekend.

#AttheRat

If you’re looking for a last-minute Valentine’s Day gift or are in need of a fuzzy friend, stop by the Rathskeller from 3-5 p.m. Friday to make your own stuffed animal. Show a Rathskeller Advisory Board member your receipt of $5 or more from that day to get in line.

Cupid’s Carnival

Looking for love in all the wrong places? Head to Cupid’s Carnival from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Flamingo Park for an evening filled with carnival rides, games, giveaways, a photobooth, candy station, a magic show and a live jazz performance. Admission is free. Flamingo Park is located at 14th Street and Meridian Ave., Miami Beach, Fla. 33139.

Run, Cupid, run

For those who want to start the day in the healthiest way possible, check out the RunWild 5K, a race that will go through the entire Zoo Miami. Registration is $15 for students and closes midnight Thursday. For more information, visit runwild5kmiami.com. ZooMiami is located at 1 Zoo Blvd.,12400 SW 152 Street, Miami, Fla. 33177.

Valentine’s concert

If you’re looking to set the mood, check out the annual Valentine’s Day concert at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden to enjoy live jazz music. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the concert begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 for students. Fairchild is located at 10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami, Fla. 33156.

Dinner for two

Pay a visit to the The Southwest Community Farmers’ Market in Tropical Park and get some organic vegetables, herbs, fruits and flowers to prepare a Valentine’s Day dinner at home. The market runs Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The farmer’s market is located at Tropical Park near the Bird Road entrance at 7900 Bird Rod, Miami, Fla. 33155.

Coconut Grove Arts Festival

Paint the town red at the annual Coconut Grove Arts Festival by enjoying one mile of arts and food. It takes place 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday through Monday. Admission is $15, but student tickets are available for $5 at cultureshockmiami.com. The festival is located alt Mayfair In the Grove, 3390 Mary St., Miami, Fla. 33133.

Art Walk

Every second Saturday of the month, Wynwood and the Design District offer art walks. This Valentine’s Day Saturday is even better, showcasing new exhibitions and various food trucks to indulge in other entertaining things that aren’t all about love  from 7-10 p.m.. The Wynwood Art Walk is located at 2219 NW 2nd Ave., Miami, Fla. 33127.

Donatela Vacca

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...