‘Fifty Shades’ film turns down heat

As couples gear up for V-Day, the season’s sexiest blockbuster, “Fifty Shades of Grey,” has been attracting some lustful interest.

Fans of the books and “Fifty Shades” virgins alike are eagerly waiting to see this racy romance splashed across the screen. Lingering in the air is the question everyone wants answered: how far are they willing to go?

The reality is, not as far as E.L. James fans might have been hoping. In fact, the steamy scenes round in at around 20 minutes, according to a report in The Atlantic.

Another disappointment for James’ enthusiasts: an article in the Miami New Times reports that the infamous “inner goddess” who preens across the pages has been cut from the flick, eliminating the split personality. (The New Times, for one, seems to think this will vastly increase the film’s quality.)

Despite the breaks with what some see as a sub-par work of fiction, the movie does have its perks. The first pull, at least for the ladies, is clearly Jamie Dornan, who smolders as the edgy, dangerous Christian Grey. His cold, calculating performance is bound to leave viewers wishing he would bring his handcuffs to their house. Is there a count for how many minutes he spends shirtless?

His leading lady, timid and sheltered (at first) Anastasia Steele, is played by Dakota Johnson, who is already getting buzz for breathing life into this one-dimensional Bella-knockoff. At least she provides a nice view for all the boyfriends who will inevitably be dragged to this sexy rom-com on date night.

If you get bored by whips and chains (or the inevitable lack of plot), check out the movie’s soundtrack, featuring big names ranging from Beyoncé and Ellie Goulding to the Rolling Stones and Frank Sinatra. We’ve already heard the sexy hypnotizing remix of “Crazy in Love” that rocked our worlds during the movie’s earliest previews; you can expect the rest of the CD to follow suit.

Whether the movie flops or gets your heart racing, one thing seems certain. Like “Twilight,” this flick breaks away from the adage “the book is always better than the movie.” For these stories, the soundtracks are better than both.

Esther Ponce De Leon

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...