News Briefs 2/8

NEWSBRIEFS

Renowned photojournalist Maggie Steber, former School of Communication photojournalism professor, admires a chromogenic print “Vulcan Forges Cupid’s Arrows.” Nagashreyasu Chidarala // Contributing Photographer

State of the U

The annual State of the U address will take place to inform campus of what Student Government has done this past semester. Featuring Student Government President Alessandria San Roman, the event is free for the community and will began at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 11 on the Rock.

Homecoming Applications

Students are invited to be a part of the 2015 Homecoming Executive Committee (HEC), which is in charge of events that take place during Homecoming week, such as a blood drive, the Alma Mater competition and Hurricane Howl. Students interested must sign up for an interview in Student Activities Center (SAC) Suite 206. Applications will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 13 and can be found on https://orgsync.com/55254/chapter.

Wilson Shearin

University of Miami Assistant Professor of Classics Wilson Shearin will present his book “The Language of Atoms” featuring Lucretious’ poem “De rerum natura” (On the Nature of Things). Shearin will discuss the potential of language and its deceptive powers in light of the poem. The event is free and open to the public at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 11 at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Avenue Coral Gables, Fla. 33134.

Alina Zerpa can be e-mailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Alina Zerpa

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...