News Briefs 2/2

IsraelFest

For the second annual IsraelFest, Emet Israel will be hosting a day at the Lakeside Patio to promote Israeli culture with free tank tops, Israeli food and a photo booth. Students are invited to cheer on participants in the falafel eating contest, enjoy free hookah and matkot sets, and see their name written in Hebrew. The event is free to students, staff and the community at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4 on the Rock.

Omicron Delta Kappa Nominations

Omicron Delta Kappa will be receiving nominations to tap new members for the spring 2015 semester. Nominees may be undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, administration, alumni or Honoris Causa. Students must be in the top 35 percent of their class or school. Undergraduate students must have completed 50 credit hours and alumni must have graduated at least five years prior to nomination. Each nomination will be received based on the criteria for only one area of scholarship, athletics, social service, journalism or creative and performing arts. All nominations must be confidential and completed on tinyurl.com/ODKNominations. Forms must be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2. For more information contact odk.umiami@gmail.com.

Alina Zerpa may be emailed at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com.

Correction: IsraelFest is being held at the Lakeside Patio, not the UC Rock.

Alina Zerpa

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...