Edge, Fashion

Fashion crimes committed on campus

The University of Miami is known for its incredible fashion and the daily trends students create. Unfortunately, some students miss the mark and show the worst part of their closets in class, giving professors and peers an opportunity to take notes on what-not-to-do.

Print

Illustration by Emma Deardorff // Staff Designer

Pajamas

You woke up five minutes before that 8 a.m. class, rolled out of bed and proved that zombies aren’t just in “The Walking Dead” – we get it. However, we can smell your morning breath and see the holes in that big T-shirt – and your bed head is kind of distracting. Prepare jeans and a UM shirt the night before. It might be early, but you never know who you’re going to pass by in the morning.

Underbutt

When you’re at the Dooley Memorial Building and people can see the bottom of your butt cheeks from Richter Library, there’s a problem. As cute as the shorts might be, no one needs to see your underbutt – especially your professor. Plus, do you really want your bare butt sitting where so many others have?

UF and FSU shirts

Maybe these students are confused about where they are. Is the orange and green plastered all over campus not enough of a sign that this is not Gator or Seminole nation? This should be a no-brainer. For those wandering around wearing the wrong colored shirts, please escort yourself out of Cane Nation.

Muscle tees

Even if you have a chiseled body or you want to show off that new colored bra you bought, this is not the time. Tailgate season is sadly over. Shirts that barely cover anything belong at the gym or the beach, not in a classroom. Yes, it’s hot in Miami, but there are other times and places to show off what you’ve got to offer.

Alina Zerpa

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...