Athletics, Sports, Swimming/Diving

Sports Briefs 1/29

Swimming & Diving

The Canes return to the pool on Saturday for a Senior Day showdown with FIU at the Whitten University Center Pool. Admission is free. The meet is slated to start at 12 p.m.

This will be the final meet for six Hurricane student-athletes: Amy Wiley, Cheyenne Cousineau, Heather Arseth, Sam Dorman, Meghan Murphy and Thea Vock.

The meet will also be the final warm-up for the Canes before the 2015 ACC Swimming & Diving Championships on Feb. 18-21 in Atlanta, Ga.

Super Bowl

Watch the Seattle Seahawks take on the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX at the Rathskeller watch party Sunday at 6 p.m. The event is hosted by Hurricane Productions in collaboration with the Rathskeller Advisory Board.

Free wings will be provided to the first 50 customers.

Share photos using “#AtTheRat” on Twitter and Instagram.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...