Dear V

Dear V: My rando roomie is x-rated

My roommate is studying abroad this semester, so I was assigned a rando. At first she seemed super chill, pretty quiet and low key. But then, a few weeks ago, I walked in on her watching some adult entertainment. She was really embarrassed – so was I – and apologized a lot. The only thing is, a few days later, it happened again. And again. Now, if I leave my room to go to the bathroom, when I come back she is watching porn. I think she may be an addict… What should I do?

Sincerely,
Living with Don Jon

Dear Scarlett Johansson,

Wow! It sounds like your roomie would be perfect as Leighton Meester’s character in “The Roommate.” There’s no shame in enjoying adult entertainment every once in a while, but what you’re describing sounds like it’s going more than a little overboard. It’s bad enough to live with someone who always has her boyfriend over. I mean, the sock on the door should apply here too, right?
If I were you, I’d get out of this living situation ASAP – unless you want the soundtrack of your year to be Jenna Jameson’s scintillating dialogue. Talk to your RA and let him or her know what’s going on. People  have changed rooms over less than this.
If for some reason you don’t feel like getting other people involved (or the only available rooms are in the Holiday Inn), try bringing it up with her. It’ll be awkward, but at least you can say you tried. If this is an actual issue, then maybe she should get some help. Does the counseling center have a specialist for porn addicts?
For now, avoid your room at all costs. After all, study rooms were invented for a reason, right? I know your friend’s futon might not be the most comfortable place to crash, but at least you won’t have to worry she’s surfing The Hub all night. As for the nights you can’t leave your room, I would suggest you invest in some earplugs.

Advice Columnist

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...